Lubbock Truck & Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers
Traffic accidents involving trucks, semi-trucks, and 18-wheelers are the deadliest of all roadway collisions. Unfortunately for the occupants of passenger cars, their risk of injury or death as opposed to the truck driver’s is significantly higher. That is because of the enormous size and weight of large commercial trucks; some weigh over 80,000 pounds and extend 72 feet long. Their overwhelming bulk can easily crush smaller vehicles in traffic crashes, leaving motorists and their passengers seriously or catastrophically injured or killed. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 71 percent of the 2020 large truck accident fatalities were the occupants of smaller vehicles.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck or semi-truck traffic accident in or around Lubbock, it is critical that you turn to a competent personal injury lawyer. These accident claims are much more complex than standard motor vehicle claims for many reasons. At The Gorilla Law Firm, we are here to ensure that your legal rights and best interests are aggressively pursued when going up against the well-funded resources of large trucking companies and their insurers. We will work thoroughly and tenaciously to help you seek the justice you deserve in these claims and lawsuits.
Discuss your rights and options with a Lubbock truck and semi-truck accident attorney in a free case evaluation. You can reach The Gorilla Law Firm via our online contact form or at (806) 375-3855 to get started.
Trucking Accidents in Texas
According to the HHTSA, Texas saw the highest truck accident fatalities of all states in 2020. Texas also had the highest number of both truck occupants as well as other vehicle occupants who were killed in these accidents.
Large commercial trucks are much more dangerous on the road than other vehicles due to many factors. These factors include their inability to stop quickly due to their size and weight, their cumbersome maneuverability, and their large blind spots that make it difficult to see other vehicles. Many of these trucks also carry hazardous materials that can be flammable or toxic.
Causes of truck accidents can include but are not limited to:
- Driver fatigue. While drivers are subject to federal regulations regarding hours of service, these rules may be flaunted in the interests of tightened schedules to make their targeted deliveries.
- Improperly loaded trucks. If cargo is improperly loaded or overloaded, it can raise the risk of accidents.
- Poor vetting or training of drivers. Tucking companies are responsible for hiring and training safe drivers. When these actions are not taken seriously, they can become a safety danger.
- Poor truck maintenance or defective equipment. Those who manufacture or maintain trucks and their parts can be guilty of negligence, leading to equipment dysfunction or failure that causes or contributes to accidents.
- Drivers who fail to follow traffic laws. Violations of traffic laws can range from speeding to failing to yield, following too closely, failing to obey traffic signs and signals, distracted driving, or driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Why Truck Accidents Are More Complex
Truck accident claims are more complex because many entities may be at fault or have contributed to your injuries, from the driver to the trucking company, cargo company, or truck manufacturer. Additionally, the trucking industry must comply with state and federal trucking regulations. This aspect of the truck accident must be investigated to see if these regulations were violated.
Furthermore, trucking companies often have their own accident response teams that are sent out to the site of a truck accident as well as their own legal teams whose sole job is to protect the financial interests of the trucking company. These employees are likely working against you to limit or deny the trucking company’s liability. You will need a knowledgeable and skilled attorney who knows how to counteract any moves they make to minimize or refute what you are truly owed in your claim or lawsuit.
How a Truck Accident Attorney Can Help You
After a truck accident, you may be left with serious injuries, medical bills, and lost wages. It can be overwhelming to navigate the legal process on your own, especially when dealing with large trucking companies and their insurance providers. That's where our Lubbock truck accident lawyers come in.
Our experienced attorneys can:
- Investigate the accident and gather evidence
- Identify liable parties, including the truck driver, trucking company, and manufacturers
- Negotiate with insurance companies for a fair settlement
- Advocate for your rights in court if necessary
- Help you recover maximum compensation for your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering
The Gorilla Law Firm will conduct its own thorough investigation to uncover the causes of your accident, document the evidence, and fight for what you are reasonably owed for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, property damage, lost income or wages, emotional distress, and any other damages caused by your injuries. If necessary, we will take your case to court in pursuit of your best interests should that be your best option.
Don't Wait to Seek Legal Help After a Truck Accident
After a truck accident, it's important to act quickly and seek legal help from experienced Lubbock truck accident lawyers. Waiting too long to pursue legal action can significantly reduce your chances of receiving fair compensation for your injuries and damages. The Gorilla Law Firm can help you navigate the complex legal process and fight for your rights.
Our skilled attorneys understand the unique challenges of truck accident cases and can help you:
- Gather evidence and investigate the accident
- Negotiate with insurance companies for fair compensation
- File a lawsuit if necessary to pursue maximum damages
- Advocate for your rights throughout the entire legal process
Don't let the complexities of a truck accident case leave you feeling overwhelmed and uncertain about your future.
Don’t wait to bring in a legal professional for your truck accident claim. The sooner you call The Gorilla Law Firm, the sooner we can begin protecting your rights by locating and preserving critical evidence, building your case, and putting you in the strongest position possible for beneficial negotiations at the settlement table. Let us use our decades of experience in this field and our reputation for aggressive advocacy to help you seek the full and fair compensation that you deserve.
Reach out to a Lubbock trucking accident lawyer at (806) 375-3855 or contact us online to get started.
Saying "I would recommend Davis" is an understatement.
“I wouldn't consider using another attorney for myself or a loved one if ever in this situation again. THANK YOU Davis for taking such good care of my wife and our family during such a difficult time.”
Go to The Gorilla
“The best lawyer to go to in Lubbock for resolving a car accident is The Gorilla Law Firm...you won't be disappointed!”
The Gorilla Law Firm is one the best law firms in Lubbock.
“A year ago I got into a car crash with a drunk driver and I received my settlement in a timely manner.”